guillaume: the rope bridge

when we have crossed the bridge we found a safe and hidden spot where we can discuss our plans.

"maybe we need to send a scout. have a look around first before going in." i interrupted the dragonborn while absent mindedly polishing my holy symbol with my sleeves. ".. or wait 'til we have cover of darkness?"

"only goblins see well in the darkness priest" he counter-argued with hint of annoyance in his course voice. "why dont everyone keep quiet for now and give me time to think".

with that i left the dragonborn to his thoughts. it must be difficult for him being the leader of the group. i can only give him support at whatever he decides. he is a good man. i realise this. he must be thinking about jarek. where is he?

i continued to wipe clean my symbol and pulled and patted my robes to get rid of the dust and creases here and there. i chuckled to myself realizing the futility of my actions. it will just get dirty and dirtier, all over again.

a few minutes later i noticed lloyd's hand pressed against his other arm. there was blood on it. "how come you didn't tell me you were hurt" i questioned him a bit upset. i crawled towards him and took his arm. lloyd hesitated and quietly groaned in pain.

"let me look at it. it is my job to look after everyone in the group lloyd." i eyed him with suspicion wondering why he kept it hidden this secret. i see that familiar look on his face. that look of pride and aversion from asking for help.

"it doesn't make you any less of a man to ask for help lloyd. we need you to be strong and as agile for the battle that is to come" i lectured without intending to. i remind myself of superiors whom i secretly despised. i didnt like being treated like a child. and here i am now doing the same thing with lloyd. i must have picked it up during the course of my studies and living with them for a long while.

i see lloyd narrowed his eyes from embarassment. "you have strength master lloyd. you will be fine" i quickly uttered as a way of recompense.

we were seated facing each other to form a small circle. i have no idea for how long have we waited for a plan from arao. i busied myself by redoing and placing some more bandages and sang prayers to corellon to heal lloyd of his wounds. but my mind was safely back at the abbey, away from all of this. the wilderness, the goblin stench, the course sands against my skin, the threat of dying, the threat of knives and all sorts of dangers.

i was indeed back at the abbey where it is clean and quiet, and taking a long hot bath ..

0 comments: